Lawn Boy 8F20 C10 Iron Horse

Gord Baker

Threads
Hi everyone, I have a Lawn Boy C10 Iron Horse that I totally rebuilt. The only original parts are the cylinder sleeve and the crankcase. I have compression and a great spark. i can not get it to run and am open to any ideas. Thanks
Hopefully if there are timing gears, they were installed correctly. Timing marks on each. Check coil to Flywheel clearance (a stiff business card) and that the key was put in the crank to Flywheel groove.
Try it with dry spark plug in and connected and with Starting Fluid. If it does not fire you have an electrical problem.

tagpop

Threads
If you don't mind me asking, how do you do that?
Does the carb bowl have gas in it? Take carb off and check if the bowl is half full or more or less. when you take the gas line off does fuel run out.

tagpop

Threads
Totally rebuilt, did you replace anything unter the flywheel? points? condenser? and the cam that operates the points?

m33kent77

Threads
Totally rebuilt, did you replace anything unter the flywheel? points? condenser? and the cam that operates the points?
Everything was replaced and gapped. I am missing something small but can not think what it is. Unless the carb is faulty, it should run as it stands.

tagpop

Threads
Talking old school here. The appratus that the points were attached to maybe adjustable (loosen the screws and turn it to set the timing) If you removed the appratus (its a plate that the points attach to) make sure you put it back at the same adjustment as original (Check for screw/washer indentions and put it back to that position).