Lawn Boy 10424 Idle Jet Replacement

impalass

Threads
Is it #16 or #7 or something else?
the main jet is #8. Go to partstree.com then enter lawn boy and model number. If you have a problem let me know.

turfboy1997

Threads
The problem is the not the whole carb it is the main jet and idle jet they are too small. You can find at least 10 stories on here in the last year about surging and the EPA ruining the Duraforce with this modular carburetor. Since there is no altitude adjustment the drill is your option. If you buy that 175-200 dollar carb it might work for a year or two but the problem is the same. Welcome to the world of Duraforce! You can find micro drill sets online and you will need numbers 60-80. I think my two are 67 and 77 and every machine works great! Go slow and don't ream a bunch of times. Drill in and pull out. Blow both jets out really good to get the burs out before reinstallation. You can do it!

impalass

Threads
The problem is the not the whole carb it is the main jet and idle jet they are too small. You can find at least 10 stories on here in the last year about surging and the EPA ruining the Duraforce with this modular carburetor. Since there is no altitude adjustment the drill is your option. If you buy that 175-200 dollar carb it might work for a year or two but the problem is the same. Welcome to the world of Duraforce! You can find micro drill sets online and you will need numbers 60-80. I think my two are 67 and 77 and every machine works great! Go slow and don't ream a bunch of times. Drill in and pull out. Blow both jets out really good to get the burs out before reinstallation. You can do it!

Can you post a picture of the idle jet.

impalass

Threads
Nice machine.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQ3WDU5Ng==/$T2eC16R,!ykE9s7t)dHNBRuJK-6n3g~~48_20.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDQ3WDU5Ng==/$T2eC16R,!ykE9s7t)dHNBRuJK-6n3g~~48_20.JPG

turfboy1997

Threads
The brass screw looking thing on the left side of the carb is it.

image-31936867.jpg

Attachments

• image-318680870.jpg
    image-318680870.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image-2713686755.jpg
    image-2713686755.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 33

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

This is getting interesting enough that it's getting me curious... I need to get a Dura-Force engine so I can try this.

Thanks turfboy1997. You've done a great job posting the details. :thumbsup:

impalass

Threads

turfboy1997

Threads
This is getting interesting enough that it's getting me curious... I need to get a Dura-Force engine so I can try this.

Thanks turfboy1997. You've done a great job posting the details. :thumbsup:

I am glad to help! I love this motor and i am sad that it get the bad name that it does because of the carburetor. In my opinion the best way to describe the duraforce is the most powerful lawn boy engine with the worst carburetor. If anyone tries the rejet and mulches remember what mulching was like before and after. It makes a huge difference! I love the F's too but they are not the duraforce when it comes to raw power that is released after a rejet. The duraforce technology was a lawn boy idea with toro's backing. so in my opinion they should be treated as part of the family! The EPA's emission standard is the real problem with the duraforce. I am just glad i have the drill bits to save as many as i can because all lawn boys are the best mowers ever made and its not even close!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

I guess kijiji.ca is Canadian version of CraigsList -- I got a re-direct to a home page when I tried that link.

Anyway... $25 is a great deal for a Dura-Force as long as you're armed with the knowledge to fix it. :thumbsup:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am glad to help! I love this motor and i am sad that it get the bad name that it does because of the carburetor. In my opinion the best way to describe the duraforce is the most powerful lawn boy engine with the worst carburetor. If anyone tries the rejet and mulches remember what mulching was like before and after. It makes a huge difference! I love the F's too but they are not the duraforce when it comes to raw power that is released after a rejet. The duraforce technology was a lawn boy idea with toro's backing. so in my opinion they should be treated as part of the family! The EPA's emission standard is the real problem with the duraforce. I am just glad i have the drill bits to save as many as i can because all lawn boys are the best mowers ever made and its not even close!

I am officially hooked on this now. :laughing:

I just have to find one for a good price. But I'll be patient. It's not like I don't have enough mowers already. :confused2: