lawn boy 10304 questions

briggs206

Threads
hi guys, I recently purchased a lawn boy with a few issues. first off I have to prime it 5-7 times to get it to start then I need to keep pressing it 4-5 times to keep it running. when it warms up it runs fine. after running it and I shut it off it takes awhile to restart and sometimes doesn't at all. iv cleaned the carb and checked the plug. is there anything common I should check that would cause this problem? also have 120psi compression.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you cleaned the carb, did you do two things? First, replace the float needle and seat, plus adjust the float level. Part number for parts is 92-9697. Second, did you make sure that you cleaned the idle jet on the side of the carb. You must make sure that the jet is clear both across and down the center.

briggs206

Threads
I didn't find a low speed jet. I cleaned the main jet and screen. the float and needle looked good. where is the low speed jet located at on the carb? I didn't see one in the side of the body.

Phototone

Threads
You can't effectively clean the jet in the middle of the carb under the wire mesh screen, without unscrewing it and cleaning it separately. There are several holes in the long brass jet that are not accessable from just shooting cleaner straight thru it.

briggs206

Threads
ok. tonite il reclean it and make sure its removed to check it better.

briggs206

Threads
fixed the problem. I recleaned the carb and drilled the main jet to .027"- man it starts easy and screams.