Laser Z control arms very stiff

BillyCAlexander

Forum Newbie
Threads
i just bought a very lightly used 2016 60" Laser Z E series with only 100 hours on it. it was used at our church(and stored in a shed for way longer than any mower would normally be) but they decided to contract out the mowing so they sold it to me. The unit is immaculate but the steering control arms are very stiff and diffficult to move. I mowed for 3 or 4 hours with it and that helped a tad bit but not much. I see where the "in and out" can be adjusted via a set of jam nuts that i can loosen but there doesn't seem to be any tension adjustment for the forward reverse motion. The dampers look fine and i suspect are original, could the dampers "go bad" just from under use? The stiffness seems completely equal on both sides. The church bought the unit new and were faithful(no pun intended) to have it serviced and in fact just took it in to the dealer the week before i bought it.

Thanks for any ideas or advice

Billy Alexander

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The control arms have air dampers on them to create resistance
Spray a little silicon lube on the rods.

BillyCAlexander

Forum Newbie
Threads
will do. also just read through manual and saw that i can move the damper connecting rod up or down to adjust the pressure/stiffness.