landlord

23ford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,i was just given a simplicity 17 hp Kawasaki liquid cooled landlord ,by a friend the tractor has 365 hours on it ,it is vary clean and always been stored inside ,it has a hydro problem, when driving it has a surge to it ,as if you are going from fast to slow on the throttle it still moves forward and back, the belt does seem vary loose I have a new one on order but have a feeling that it is a trans problem and not just a slipping belt, I know these tractors were only made for a short period of time would this tractor be worthwhile spending the money on a good used transmission , seeing that I have zero into it tractor itself is very nice with a 50 inch deck I would like to maybe find a snowblower for it ,is there any way to ad oil to this hydro it looks like a sealed units don't have the owners book for it yet, any comments on on things I should check be appreciated ,thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
Some where on the tranny will be the makers ID sticker, usually 3 of them because they fall off.
Simplicity parts books are on line and the tranny model is also there.
The tranny makers have tranny manuals & parts breakdowns also on line.
So time to get the deer stalker hat & magnifying glass and find the tranny ID.
Mulligans are my go to for all tranny parts. An honest company that will give you good sound information even if it means they miss a sale.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Roselyn, landlord is a series of tractor manufactured by Simplicity. To the OP, look on the frame for the ID tag, Simplicity tags very seldom fall off.

rhino69

Forum Newbie
Threads
On my 96 landlord there is a sight plug behind the right rear tire,the actual fill tube is behind the seat under the body .pull the plug and fill till it runs out the sight plug