L110 Cranks But Won't Start

Don't feel dumb...I can't count how many times I've looked at something and ended up coming back to it to determine that it was the problem :p

As for the key: Flywheel Key X-42-15-S Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com I'm 99% sure that this is the one that you're looking for. I did a search for the CV491 Key (If you have the same Kohler 17.5 engine that I have), and this is what I came up with. (Sears confirms it here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par.../Model-CV49127502/0598/1503500/P0050360/00004 )

Repair Clinic also has a video on replacing it, but it looks like you've learned your way around that flywheel (video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoIJHj6MzM )

I hope that solves your problems! It's about as cheap of a fix as you can get.
 
Don't feel dumb...I can't count how many times I've looked at something and ended up coming back to it to determine that it was the problem :p

As for the key: Flywheel Key X-42-15-S Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com I'm 99% sure that this is the one that you're looking for. I did a search for the CV491 Key (If you have the same Kohler 17.5 engine that I have), and this is what I came up with. (Sears confirms it here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par.../Model-CV49127502/0598/1503500/P0050360/00004 )

Repair Clinic also has a video on replacing it, but it looks like you've learned your way around that flywheel (video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoIJHj6MzM )

I hope that solves your problems! It's about as cheap of a fix as you can get.

Thanks, pretty sure any standard woodruff key thats the same size will work, cheap from McMaster but you gotta buy a pack of 100! :P

McMaster-Carr

Couldn't wait so I just used a square piece of keystock as a temp fix... now it fires up quick and sounds good! There seems to be a lot of smoke coming off the front end but I think/hope this is because I spilled oil all over that area when I pulled the valve cover off. (didn't drain oil prior, oops) Need to pump up the tires and reassemble so I can take it outside for a real test.
 
Ive fixed 2 LA series this summer already with the same symptoms. Both were due to the gas cap vent being plugged. Dang mud wasps.

Frog
 
Back
Top