Kubota

mickmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks I crossed bit metal on my dad's ride on kubota, didn't know what was happening at first till I stopped blades and moved forward, there now a rattling noise from that side when blade running, iv looked underneath all looks fine and blade not rubbing when moved by hand but I know little about, it's my dad's pride and joy was just wandering are my better going back main dealer for repair or local hire shop, just taught as there expensive mower do they need special attention from folk that deal with them

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m a Kubota guy so I will always recommend going to the Kubota guys. They will have a better idea of what to look for, plus will have easier access to replacement parts if needed. Read my signature.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In OZ the only after market Kubota parts I can get are blades , belts & non-Kubota engine parts so I rarely work on them
A rattle will be some thing stuck under there or some thing loose and the thing that goes loose are the blades & pulleys so before you spend lots of money remove and replace both of them .
Some times a strike can take a chunk out of the belt and that will rattle and I have seen a couple of cases where a strike has caused the belt to jump off a pulley, fall underneath so still drive the blades although the mower would not cut .
When you come here it is vitally important to give the forum all of the details off the ID tag so we know exactly what mower we are dealing with .

mickmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kubota gr1600, man looked it today said blade bent and the part that holds blade damaged too, the boss part think he called it, it rammed blade up in center , so need replace them and hopefully that put it right