Kubota Z122EBR Runs rough

mcspeed

Threads
Brigs motor has about 200 hrs on it. New fuel pickup, filter, fuel pump, spark plugs air cleaner. Well maintained mower kept in climate controlled shop. Checked valve lash too and it’s to factory spec.

Runs rough and smells rich. Finally quit today. Sat for an hour and started but still rough.

Only thing I haven’t done is pull the carb. Thought I would ask here before I continue the buffalo hunt. Been all over the forum and haven’t found anything relevant.

Any idea on what might be causing this?

Hope you can see/hear this video.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dirty float needle causing fuel level to be too high

mcspeed

Threads
Thanks I will dive into the carb pronto. Grass ain’t waiting for nobody this time of year.

mcspeed

Threads
Thanks I will dive into the carb pronto. Grass ain’t waiting for nobody this time of year.
Pulled the carb and it looked like new inside. No dirt, water or stains if any kind. No varnish either. Cleaned it with spray carb cleaner and blasted with compressed air. Still runs rough.

Was thinking it was the carb but this didn’t change anything.

What else could be causing this?

Thanks for your ideas!

mcspeed

Threads
Wondering if the fuel is bad? Will drain the tank and try some new petrol.

mcspeed

Threads
Wondering if the fuel is bad? Will drain the tank and try some new petrol.
Pumped fuel out and replaced with new fuel, runs perfect.

I said I would never be fooled by bad fuel again ( 40 years ago when racing cars) and I was……dammit!

Was chasing a separate issue last fall and found a cracked hose off the valve cover to fuel pump. Fuel filter was bad too and was a year old.

Keep it simple!