Kubota T2290

sivicman

Threads
I am a new owner of a T2290 w/48" deck. I haven't tried it out yet, but looking forward to using it. I bought a brand new Exmark commercial zero turn a 1 1/2 years ago, and I hate it. Never owning a zero turn before, it took a lot getting use to. I got tired of my grass getting torn up from turning, and the front end pulling wheelies. It just wasn't the mower for me, so now I'm back to a riding mower.

Attachments

• IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2494.JPG
    IMG_2494.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 8

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Please let us know how you like your Kubota's operation & mowing. Thanks, Mark

sivicman

Threads
I used my new T2290 mower for the first time today. I've been using my ZTR previously. Well I'm happy to report I am quite pleased with everything. It cuts great, nice riding suspension seat. No more patches of grass being torn up by the rear tires like my ZTR. I feel that I have better control than I did with the ZTR. My only complaint is the KRA system. This is annoying to have to push the override switch every time you engage the blades. The first pass I made and went to go in reverse and the engine shut off. So every time you shut off the blades, and engage them again you have to press the override switch again. That's going to be bypassed since I'm the only operator. I don't understand why they came out with this stupid design. I know someone got sued at one point.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is the EPA trying to protect man from himself. It ain't that big a deal just have to get use to doing it every time you mow and learn to live with it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep likely. Many years ago I had a craftsman rider, it required to turn the ign key back one click after starting to mow in reverse.. That didn't bug me.

Your Kubota looks pretty stout, Enjoy,..

lugbolt

Threads
because of the situation like my old neighbor. 77 yr old, mowing the front yard, backs up and right over his granddaughter that he wasn't aware of following him. She lost her foot and now has a prosthetic.

KRA stands for kubota reverse awareness. It is to remind you to turn around and look behind you before you back up. I guess ZT's are excluded from fed regulation?

2290 is a pretty good mower, expensive, but worth every penny.

ZT still cuts way faster once you get used to it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Prudent to always be aware of your surroundings.. Bummer about the lil girl. Grandpa will be haunted by that to the end.

bkeller500

Threads
Reverse awareness is certainly a valid talking point. I can see the need of a ROI switch due to the added safety but make the switch more convenient to use. I question why no one has installed a chirp sound when mowing in reverse. A chirp would give any nearby people, kids, or pets a warning as well as alert the operator he is mowing into a blind area.

Lawn Addict
Threads
. I question why no one has installed a chirp sound when mowing in reverse. A chirp would give any nearby people, kids, or pets a warning as well as alert the operator he is mowing into a blind area.
I agree 100%..