Kubota T1400H ..

bretonlion

Threads
Hello .. I am sure this has been discussed before .. but after being lead do two deadend routes ..I am asking if there is an update to my query ..
I have a Kubota T1400H ride on mower .. brilliant bit of equipment .. but the ignition coil packed up .. Kubota replacement .. $400 dollors ..
I saw a couple of UTube video's saying there was replacements ..
I bought the replacements .. both had the securing bolt holes in the wrong place ..
We even tried to fit the replacement by cutting and filing it down .. a bad move ..
If anyone has successfully fitted a generic coil ..please let me know .. Thankls ..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Back in 1962 som Hungurian Immigrants to Australia invented the Hall Effect ignition timing chip
The company was named Atom and for the next 30 years they marketed their invention as the Atom Ignition module.
It was a stand alone points replacement .
Husqvarna paid them royalties as did OMG for outboards & Victa for their lawnmowers.
Every one else waited for the patient to run out despite the modules costing 10% of what points did .
Now once the patient had expired Briggs suddenly "invented" the magnatron ignition module
Some 15 years latter some one got the smart idea to move the Hall effect chip inside the coils .
Having done this a coil now became a "module" and went from $ 5 to $ 40 despit the chips costing around 50¢

What has all this got to do with your mower ?
Well the chip controls the spark and they are all dfferent .
Some read rising voltage while some work on falling voltage ( coils are AC so go + & - each revolution )
So the first thing you have to do is work out if your coils are + or - triggered
then you have to find out at what voltage the Hall chip triggers ( they re all different , for patient reasons )
Then you have to find another "magneto Armature " that is the same or near enough to the same .
Not an easy job and made worse by the lack of information ( from all manufacturers ) and because Kubota has a very small market share and the T1400 had their own engine in it
The one thing That might be helpful is 'did you try flipping the coil over ?
Flipping the coil reverses the way the voltage is generated
So a coild that goes 0>+>0>->0 will now go 0>->0>+>0
Most work on the ngative side but some do work on the positive side .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You going to need to enlighten us a little as to what you have tried make and pn wise.

I am showing Kubota pn 12182-67060 which should be the Kawasaki PN 21121-2086 provided my cross reference is correct.