Kubota GR2110 Cannot get PTO clutch assembly to seat

msn56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hope someone can help. Replacing PTO clutch while transmission is in the mower My PTO was barely turning I took it apart thinking the clutch was gone sand actually one of the brake plates had a bent tab and that must have been holding up rotation. In any case I replaced the clutch friction disks and now cannot get the system to seat to allow me to put in the bolts. I set it in align the brake plate tabs but the bolts cant reach. Which means I have to compress the spring and then the clutch case releases and I have to start over. It doesn't seem right that i have to compress the spring as that will be activating the clutch ? The bearing is set correctly It just seems like the pto shaft is too long . Right now I guess I am going to get longer bolts to get it started and see If I can compress it without having the clutch case release any ideas would be sincerely appreciated

lugbolt

Threads
you really need the special tool to get the clutch back together...

also do not force it because you WILL crack the case if you try. BTDT. Once that happens you have to replace the transmission which isn't cheap. It should be, as many as Kubota has sold over the years...