Kubota Diesel engine oil

What kind or brand of oil are you all using in your Grasshopper Kubota diesels? I just recently purchased a 725DT and was considering using the Kubota brand 15/40 oil. I also am considering Amsoil 15/40. I want to use the best for that engine since it's a new machine. What are your thoughts??
 
I use Schaeffer SynShield™ Durability Advantage 15W-40 which is a heavy duty diesel oil formula. I see it used in a lot of farm tractor fleets in my area with very good results.

I'm sure any reputable diesel fleet oil would be fine but I am more comfortable using synthetic or synthetic blend myself.
 
It really isn't important at all what brand of oil you use as long as it meets the viscosity requirements and API spec and/or manufacturer's spec for your engine.

I don't even bother to stick with one brand. I've used a lot of Mobil Delvac in my Kubota and Dodge Cummins because I can get it on sale in 5-gallon buckets. I've also used Rotella, Ursa, Champion, Valvoline and NAPA house brand (made by Valvoline). None of these are synthetic.

The one diesel I run synthetic in is a VW TDI with the PD engine and that is because VW specifies that synthetic oil be used. In that one, I run Pentosin 5w-40. It comes in 5-liter bottles. It's expensive, at $8 per liter or thereabouts. I'm sure it would make excellent oil for any diesel engine but if the specs don't call for it, you're just spending money needlessly.
 
I run rotella in everything I own, including my VW PD tdi, VW CR tdi, ls1 Firebird, 93 & 12 Dodge Cummins and my Ninja 1000. I do switch between T and T6 depending on the application, but it's a great oil.
 
Last edited:
I run rotella in everything I own, including my VW PD tdi, VW CR tdi, ls1 firebird, dodge Cummings and my Ninja 1000. I do switch between T and T6 depending on the application, but it's a great oil.
I do the same.
I run the Rotella T-6 in my diesel tractor, but I also use the same oil in my ATV, zero turn, generators, push mowers, garden tractor, Etc.
 
I don't know that there is a better off the shelf oil than the Amsoil 15W-40 AME marine diesel oil. They call it "marine" oil, because the higher zinc and phosphorous content (ZDDP) of the CI4+ formulations aren't allowed by new emissions regulations. It also offers a higher TBN than many other oils.

I'm not affiliated with Amsoil in any way...just a satisfied user.

--Eric
 
How many quarts does the engine take, and why not the Hd15W 40, was this a recommendation according to age ansize engin?
Thank for your anwer forhand.
 
Last post was in May of 2017, don't hold yer breath for a reply.. But stranger things have happened..
 
Back
Top