Kubota 2 cyl desiel not getting fuel

johnorlandi

Threads
I have a B4200 Kubota 2 cyl. diesel that is not getting fuel to start.
I replaced the fuel filter and filled the fuel bowl with diesel fuel then turned the fuel shut off back on. Tractor started no problem and drove about 50 ft. and shut down. Would turn over but not start so I loosened the fuel line to the injectors and no fuel, so I loosened the fuel line at the injection pump and no fuel there either. What do I check next. Hope it is not the injector pump, that was rebuilt about 2 years ago. any ideas?

DrBT

Forum Newbie
Threads
(1) My Zero Turn Kubota 2 cyl has two inline filters. Replace the one close to the fuel tank FIRST.
(2) I have had problems with the fuel line clogged in the tank.
(3) I installed a brass 'T' fitting on the engine side fuel line after the second filter
(4) On the engine side of the 'T' I placed a brass shut off valve and a hose barb
(5) I put a hose barb on the tank side of the 'T' and connected the fuel line and secured all the fuel lines with small hose clamps
(6 )The third hole of the 'T' I simply plugged with a brass plug
(7) I turned the shut off valve 'OFF' unplugged the third side.
(8) Removed the fuel cap
(9) blew air from my air compressor into the "T" until air can be heard blowing out the fuel tank
(10) Plug the third 'T' hole
(11) Turn the fuel shut off valve 'ON'
(12) put fuel tank cap on
This will unclog the line or tank., If it was clogged.
What ever clogged the line will still be in the tank and may clog the line again.
You can ,now, easily repeat clearing the line to avoid replacing the filters or ("UGG") removing the tank
I looked inside my empty 5 gallon fuel containers and found quite a bit of "MUNG" on the bottom that I mostly removed. Who Knows?)

Last edited:

johnorlandi

Threads
(1) My Zero Turn Kubota 2 cyl has two inline filters. Replace the one close to the fuel tank FIRST.
(2) I have had problems with the fuel line clogged in the tank.
(3) I installed a brass 'T' fitting on the engine side fuel line after the second filter
(4) On the engine side of the 'T' I placed a brass shut off valve and a hose barb
(5) I put a hose barb on the tank side of the 'T' and connected the fuel line and secured all the fuel lines with small hose clamps
(6 )The third hole of the 'T' I simply plugged with a brass plug
(7) I turned the shut off valve 'OFF' unplugged the third side.
(8) Removed the fuel cap
(9) blew air from my air compressor into the "T" until air can be heard blowing out the fuel tank
(10) Plug the third 'T' hole
(11) Turn the fuel shut off valve 'ON'
(12) put fuel tank cap on
This will unclog the line or tank., If it was clogged.
What ever clogged the line will still be in the tank and may clog the line again.
You can ,now, easily repeat clearing the line to avoid replacing the filters or ("UGG") removing the tank
I looked inside my empty 5 gallon fuel containers and found quite a bit of "MUNG" on the bottom that I mostly removed. Who Knows?)
DrBt thanks for responding. I am getting fuel to the fuel filter with the bowl off I turned the fuel on, and it pours out tomorrow I will try disconnecting the fuel line to the injector pump and see if I get fuel out that line and then go from there. I will let you know the outcome sometime this week thanks again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have no service information for your mower but in general
1) some have a lift pump inside the tank which usually has a screen over the pick up.
these get clogged with debris line grass clippings which accumulat in the tank or just dust from the air vent .
2) those with external lift pumps can suffer the same problem with the discharge pipes
Some water filters shut off the outlet when the water gets to dangerous level to protect the engine & injectors
A small amount of water can make the float sit a lot higher on hills
Some this valve is mechanical & others are electronic

johnorlandi

Threads
I have no service information for your mower but in general
1) some have a lift pump inside the tank which usually has a screen over the pick up.
these get clogged with debris line grass clippings which accumulat in the tank or just dust from the air vent .
2) those with external lift pumps can suffer the same problem with the discharge pipes
Some water filters shut off the outlet when the water gets to dangerous level to protect the engine & injectors
A small amount of water can make the float sit a lot higher on hills
Some this valve is mechanical & others are electronic

johnorlandi

Threads
Went to the Kubota dealer that I do business with and saw the mechanic Jack and asked him about it. He told me to bleed the injection pump first. So, I did that, I opened the bleeder and turned the engine over and fuel came out of the bleeder right away then I closed the bleeder and opened the 2 fittings at the injectors and turned the engine over a couple of revolutions and fuel came out there, then I tightened the injectors and the tractor started right away.
So now I know that I have to bleed the injector pump first and then the injectors and everything will be good.

thanks for the replies.