Kohler will not run after auto choke disengages...

wheelie

Threads
Kohler XT650
Spec XT650-3045
On a Husqvarna self-propelled push mower

The following problem I also encountered on a Cub Cadet with B&S engine a year or so ago..

This Husqvarna lawnmower belongs to a friend that asked me to take a look at it in trade for some garden supplies.. His issue it would start but not stay running once the auto choke was disengaged.. He replaced the Carb with the result of the same issue.
Since I have had it, I have cleaned the replacement carb.. changed fuel twice. put another Kohler OEM carb on it.. Changed fuel line, replaced the little in-tank filter. (I have free flowing fuel to the Carburetor. The removed fuel was ran through my personal mowers without issue) AND the same issue in that it will start on auto choke but as the choke opens it will not run.. If I manually open the choke it also will not run.
A note on the Cub cadet I mentioned that behaved in exactly the same manner.. Was given the cadet and iyt didc not run. I cleaned the carburetor, new fuel lines, added a inline filter and It ran great for one season.. (was my wife's favorite mower of several we have) Ir was store the winter indoors but come spring it would not run.. After the choke disengaged it would shut off. I replaced the Carb with a cheapy with same result so purchased another OEM carb for it.. Same issue, I talked to the dealer I got the OEM from and they replaced it but the same issue continued. Also lines and filter were again changed out.. Free flow fuel to the Carburetor I scrapped that mower.. ( Now wish I had Not)

I am not a pro mechanic but am 74 and been working on chainsaws, mowers and tillers, weed eaters, my own cars and trucks all my life..
I am missing something here but no idea what.. Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kohler Courage XT Engine Service Manual above see Troubleshooting Section.