Kohler valve seat

ghost1

Threads
Kohler cv20 had intake valve seat come out of position. See in B&S manual you are able to ping seat back into place. Does anybody know if this is possible on Kohler heads??

grumpyunk

Threads
I think you mean 'peen' the seat in place. If so, I would think that aluminum heads will act the same for both brands. I would want to know how tight the seat was when pressed back into the head, either by hand, or using a press. If it was sloppy, floppy, or loose in the least degree, I would expect that peening the edges of the head recess over the edge of the seat would not be a long-term fix.
OTOH, if the seat was a good firm press into the head, and had insignificant clearance, I mean SNUG, then peening might well hold the seat in place for a long time.
Other choices are replacing the head, or seeking a machine shop that can fit a new seat with a larger OD, after milling the recess for proper fit. Most, I think, use temperature to shrink the seat, and heat the head, allowing a cold, shrunken seat to fit into a hot, enlarged recess with some 'press' help. I believe they are a 'press fit'. There are actual dimensions and descriptions of 'press', and other fitting terms I have not memorized. See: web.
tom

ghost1

Threads
Thanks for the info... Going with new head