Kohler having trouble

Jalassi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a kholer cv820 23 hp in a kubota zero turn . Replaced plugs, fuel filter, air filter, changed oil and filter. Runs but it cuts out and shuts down pretty frequently while In use. Only things left is fuel pump. But I noticed when I lifted the seat up. The negative battery post has been rubbing on the bottom of the seat panel. The seat also is equipped with safety pressure sensors. Would that post rubbing on the metal plate on the bottom end of the seat cause the mower to randomly shut down or cut out?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
really going need to see that engine serial number tag as Kohler doesn't list a CV820.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a kholer cv820 23 hp in a kubota zero turn . Replaced plugs, fuel filter, air filter, changed oil and filter. Runs but it cuts out and shuts down pretty frequently while In use. Only things left is fuel pump. But I noticed when I lifted the seat up. The negative battery post has been rubbing on the bottom of the seat panel. The seat also is equipped with safety pressure sensors. Would that post rubbing on the metal plate on the bottom end of the seat cause the mower to randomly shut down or cut out?
No but you bouncing up & down in the seat will which is why the better ZTR's now have delay modules on the seat switch .

Jalassi

Forum Newbie
Threads
No but you bouncing up & down in the seat will which is why the better ZTR's now have delay modules on the seat switch .
I was reading more into it and thinking about the safety switch last night. Thinking it might be faulty. Thank you for the information!

dwzkd

Threads
Does it have the electronic module for ignition? Service module shows it as one option. Had one of these go out slowly. Eventually it would run until it got hot (8-10 mins) then it would shut down. Then it would run after it cooled down.

Finally it let the smoke out (literally). this is how we finally figured it out :)

Jalassi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Turns out. There is an accessory wire for something that runs separate off the main power wire. It had a nick in it and the copper was touching a peace of the frame. It was cause it to run shitty

dwzkd

Threads
That is probably the kill wire that goes to the coils. It will come off of the ignition switch as ground when the key is in "off". With it hitting the frame, it was likely momentarily shutting off ignition, but comes right back as the wire bounces around. Glad you found it!