Kohler ECV880 33 EFI Problem

Darrell65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 33EFI on a mower that runs like a beast for about 30 minutes (give or take depending on how hot it is outside) and then it loses power and then dies. Let is sit 30-60 minutes and it will run again. I've replaces spark plugs, have spark to both cylinders and have pulled both injectors and watched them squirt. I bought one new coil and have tried it on both sides but still the same issue. I have also swapped out the O2 sensor with a different one. Exact same issue. Any other ideas?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you changed the fuel filter?
If that’s not it, I hope it’s still under warranty.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To add to the above, floating debris in the fuel tanks can also cause restricted fuel flow as the fuel is dragged out the hole
When the mower is turned off the debris floats away to drive you mad in another 1/2 hour .

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
EFI fuel pump getting hot and shutting down causing low pressure. Are you getting a MIL light when this happens.

Darrell65

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, of course filter has been changed. When it won't run there is still fuel squirting through both injectors so I don't believe it is a fuel flow issue though I guess it could not be the right amount of fuel. No light that I'm aware of. However, my deceased father retrofitted a Hustler Super Z 72" with this motor so not 100% sure light works.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know all these won't apply but is the best I could find.
This is asper Kohler service manual Engine Starts But Does Not Keep Running ● Faulty cylinder head gasket. ● Faulty or misadjusted throttle controls. ● Fuel pump malfunction-vacuum hose clogged or leaking. ● Intake system leak. ● Loose wires or connections that intermittently ground ignition kill circuit. ● Quality of fuel (dirt, water, stale, mixture). ● Restricted fuel tank cap vent.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine Loses Power ● Dirty air cleaner element. ● Engine overheated. ● Excessive engine load. ● Restricted exhaust. ● Faulty spark plug(s). ● High crankcase oil level. ● Incorrect governor setting. ● Low battery. ● Low compression. ● Low crankcase oil level. ● Quality of fuel (dirt, water, stale, mixture)