Kohler CV26S temporarily losing power when hot

NineEyes

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Kohler Command Pro EFI CV26S on a Great Dane Chariot 61 with about 500 hours. In the last 3 years, on hot days, and while mowing at least 20 minutes, the engine RPMs dip down to almost stalling. When this happens, I let go of the hydros and disengage the blades until the RPMs return. This may interrupt my mow for 5-30 seconds. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes the issue goes away after a few power dips. Lately it seems to be happening more frequently.

I've told my mechanic about it each spring but he doesn't see the issue (too cold). He's told me to loosen the gas cap to let air in the tank but that has improved nothing. This is a difficult issue to recreate and difficult to debug because it happens in the field and goes away quickly - sometimes before I can get out of the seat. Any recommendations of what I can do to better diagnose the issue?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
About need to put a set of spark testers on the plug wires and a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel line, and see if you are loosing spark or fuel pressure.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could just be water in your fuel system. It likes to sit in low spots and will get sucked up into the engine from time to time, like turning, bumps, uphill, etc..