Kohler Courage 22HP SV715 Carburator rivited to intake??

jjrbus

Threads
  • / Kohler Courage 22HP SV715 Carburator rivited to intake??
Not a mechanic, by process of elimination I have decided that my 7 year old Kohler Courage 22HP twin cyl SV715 carburetor needs rebuild. With some difficulty I have removed carb and intake manifold. It appears the carb is riveted between the air cleaner and intake manifold.

Are these rivets? I see no way to take this apart or put back together. Any suggestions. Thanks JIm

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The parts diagram I looked at for the sv715 shows studs screwed into the intake manifold with nuts holding the carb and air cleaner on.

jjrbus

Threads
The parts diagram I looked at for the sv715 shows studs screwed into the intake manifold with nuts holding the carb and air cleaner on.

Thank you for your response, greatly appreciated. Service manual speak with forked tongue. One end of the studs holding carb on are inside intake manifold so no access.

Other end is visible, it is round with no apparent means of removal? No slots, no teeth, no grooves, no flats nothing! As I said before I am not a mechanic but there is no apparent way to remove these?? I looked for special Kohler tool but see nothing.IMG_0135.jpg

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
jr, Can't see clearly from pic but it looks like there is an indentation on the plated head. Could it be a "torx" driven fastener? Translation a star shaped counterbored recess similar to a phillips screw, but requiring a different driver, either with a screwdriver handle or fitted to a ratchet. Very common and cheap. If so try H Frt.

jjrbus

Threads
Thanks for the response.

It is an indentation, nothing more.

I have surfed every site I can think of and find nothing on dissembling it. Disassembling is not the problem, putting it back together is what has me concerned.
JIm

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I could be wrong but it looks like a 10mm nut down in that recess area.

jjrbus

Threads
I could be wrong but it looks like a 10mm nut down in that recess area.
-

Thanks for the response.

Pictures can be deceiving, in person there is nothing in the recess that looks like a nut or any type of fastener, there is something round in there with an indentation in the center.

I showed it to a mechanical friend who said he would drill it out. How would I reinstall it?? JIm

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I see it in your hand...You have it apart.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Flip your hand, take a pic.....