Kohler Commander 18 very hot oil ok filters clean dipstick so hot it burns your fingers

Bullets

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kohler Commander 18 very hot oil ok filters clean dipstick so hot it burns your fingers
Thanks for letting me join any suggestions about my Kohler 18 I could use them

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Kohler Commander 18 very hot oil ok filters clean dipstick so hot it burns your fingers
Do you mean the Oil is getting hot, or the engine is getting very hot? Comma's are important. The engine oil going to get pretty hot, as it makes the journey through the engine, into the cylinder head and lubricating the piston etc.
i would remove the blower housing and check for mouse nests or debris block air from the cooling fan.

geelee

Threads
can be as high as 320 degree on an air cooled engine, that will take your skin off.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
I'm going to move this thread over to our Kohler section.

Born2Mow

Threads
Comma's are important.
Agreed. Examples:
  1. What are we going to eat, grandmother?
  2. What are we going to eat grandmother?

I would remove the blower housing and check for mouse nests or debris block air from the cooling fan.
+1. Use only a leaf blower and/or compressed air and/or vacuum. Using a pressure washer would probably create more problems than it would solve.