Kohler 7000 series kt745 carburetor issues

CobraBubblz21

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have a new zero turn mower with a problem. I can't get it to stay running without tugging on the choke constantly. I have new fuel lines, filter,pump,and shutoff valve, fuel solenoid is OK, what's the problem here? Also, the engine came with a Walbro LMC carburetor on it and on the walbro website that carburetor isn't rated for a 747cc engine. I don't go into big purchases lightly and I didn't months of research to make my decision to buy a Husqvarna z254 with the kohler kt745-3043 26hp mower, and I don't think I should be having any problems with it as it's less than a year old and literally less than 5 hours of use. I let gas sit in it for too long, that's my bad, but seriously, wtf? I've had to replace spindles, idler pulley, and the belt within the first 2 mows. Now it won't even run right, so I'm welding levers on a replacement carburetor and bypassing the whole "engine/ governor control assembly" to get it to run well enough to mow the freaking yard. I've spent countless hours on the phone with customer service and all that I have been told is the nearest service center is 40 miles away and good luck. SMFH

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So instead letting your dealer to repair it under warranty you decided to void the warranty. Since I only repaired un-modified equipment you now out of my knowledge range on this. Now I do necessary mods but nothing like what you are planning on doing. So if you blow up your engine well it is yours to do as you please but don't blame Kohler for something you have done.

As the distance to a service center it is a common distance in Tennessee to drive that one way.

As for Walbro LMC rating Husqvarna has been using it or considerable amount time on these engines. It is custom made for them by Walbro but Walbro will not provide parts or other info about as that is part of their contract with Husqvarna.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cob,
Pull the other leg.
If you left the mower sitting for a long time then chances are one of the carb jets is clogged with varnish, or in your case , partially blocked with varnish
Good chance there is a varnish build up inside the carb solenoid so the bung does not retract fully.
Depending upon the quality of the fuel you left in there , then the fuel lines could also have degraded .
But hey go ahead and bypass the governor all you can possibly do is exceed 4500 rpm which will cause the rods to let go and demolish the engine
A lever on the carb is sooo much easier than removing the carb and cleaning it properly and it is not as if there is 44,000 you tube videos showing you how to clean a mower carb or anything

CobraBubblz21

Forum Newbie
Threads
So instead letting your dealer to repair it under warranty you decided to void the warranty. Since I only repaired un-modified equipment you now out of my knowledge range on this. Now I do necessary mods but nothing like what you are planning on doing. So if you blow up your engine well it is yours to do as you please but don't blame Kohler for something you have done.

As the distance to a service center it is a common distance in Tennessee to drive that one way.

As for Walbro LMC rating Husqvarna has been using it or considerable amount time on these engines. It is custom made for them by Walbro but Walbro will not provide parts or other info about as that is part of their contract with Husqvarna.
So instead of providing a solution, you want to give your opinion about whether or not I'll void the warranty that commercial use doesn't qualify for? Get fucked super star, if you have nothing of value to add to the conversation keep your opinions about what other people do with their equipment to yourself. Sincerely hope you don't breed, the world has enough ignorance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So instead of providing a solution, you want to give your opinion about whether or not I'll void the warranty that commercial use doesn't qualify for? Get fucked super star, if you have nothing of value to add to the conversation keep your opinions about what other people do with their equipment to yourself. Sincerely hope you don't breed, the world has enough ignorance.
If this is your level of conversation then please leave and go annoy people on Face book where profanities and abuse belong.
I personally think you are on a one way trip to disaster .
The mower racers all bypass their governors and regularly are here buying new pistons , rods & cams till they decide to cough up for a proper race kit .
The new engines are built from parts that have a precise service limit and for most con rods that is around the 4500 rpm to 5000 rpm mark.
Add to that the decks are designed to run a specific speed and the airflow under the deck will only work properly over a very short rev range.
Then there are the hydros, again designed to run over a very specific rev range and over reving them is the second fasted way to destroy them ( running at load too slow is the fastest way ) .
If you have needed to replace all those items then there is either some thing drastically wrong with the mower in which case it should go back or something drastically wrong with the way it is being used .
As for the Walbro carb, a carb is a carb is a carb is a carb is a carb
A carb atomises a set ratio of fuel into the volume of air that passes through it and that is regardless of the size of the cylinder it is feeding
If it is too small it will limit the WFO speed but will accelerate faster till it gets to its limit
A carb that is too big will accelerate slowly and use a lot more fuel
And that is about it
And considering that it is a mower engine that is designed to run 3500 pm the size of the carb is just about irrelevant .
Most mower carbs are bigger than they need to be and the 1/2 Hp variations are done by using gaskets that restrict the inlet
And FWIW I am currently riding a 500 cc single cylinder motorcycle with a carb from a 350 cc motorcycle and have been doing this for near 150,000 miles.

I really do not know why you posted here unless it was to get considered opinions from the people who fix these things day in & day out about what you are intending to do
And if that is the sace then IMHO what you intend to do is plain stupid, but it is your money so enjoy yourself .