KOHLER 7000 series KT740 tractor making loud sound

Sfwya

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys, I am newbie,
My tractor was making loud sound despite routine maintenance and only 100 hours I opened up the hood and found burned harness wires on R side and saw this small gap as noted in picture, what do you guys think has happened here? I am attaching images here. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2BF4B17E-0A26-4E7D-B7AE-E8B2B5744D70.jpeg
    2BF4B17E-0A26-4E7D-B7AE-E8B2B5744D70.jpeg
    889.5 KB · Views: 25

Sfwya

Forum Newbie
Threads
Haha, luckily mice is ok, what you guys think of engine block marked in red small circle?, will changing wires fix the issues, sorry I am really new to this.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That line is the head gasket overhanging the block and is no problem unless the gap is actually a hole
Put some soapy water then and crank the engine with the spark plug disconnected but still in the hole
If you see bubbles or foam at the gap then you have a blown head gasket which will need to be replaced

If

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / KOHLER 7000 series KT740 tractor making loud sound
Haha, luckily mice is ok, what you guys think of engine block marked in red small circle?, will changing wires fix the issues, sorry I am really new to this.
Repair the wires with solder and heat shrink tubing. Or install a new wiring harness.

Unless something else was chewed on, should fix this issue.

slydog

Threads
Hi guys, I am newbie,
My tractor was making loud sound despite routine maintenance and only 100 hours I opened up the hood and found burned harness wires on R side and saw this small gap as noted in picture, what do you guys think has happened here? I am attaching images here. Than

Hi guys, I am newbie,
My tractor was making loud sound despite routine maintenance and only 100 hours I opened up the hood and found burned harness wires on R side and saw this small gap as noted in picture, what do you guys think has happened here? I am attaching images here. Thanks!
Visually appears to be a blown head gasket. Just turning the engine over you should detect a compression leak at the location you have marked with a circle. You could also remove the plugs and do a compression comparison between the two cylinders. The wires look like they've been melted by heat from the blown gasket.