Kohler 7000 22HP will NOT START

Desi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could someone help this little lady out? I purchased a brand new Cub Cast Riding Lawnmower with a Kohler 7000 22 HP engine this spring and it has less than 10 hours on it. I follow all the directions and added fuel stabilizer so it will not hunk up but it just won't start. The engine will crank and crank but not enough to start. Any help would be mighty appreciated ?.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a can of carb cleaner and new spark plugs . Spray a SMALL amount down the carb
If the engine fires right up and continues to run then most likely the choke is not closing fully .
If it fires right up but does not continue to run try again but keep on giving the carb SHORT shots of cleaner.
If you can keep it running like this for 30 sec to a minute then the solenoid in the carb or water in the carb become prime suspects.

If not spray a SMALL amount down each spark plug hole and try to start the engine.
If the engine fires once or twice then dies you have a valve problem

Let us know what happens for further advice

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Another thing you should check is to see if the choke is fully closing. You want to push the throttle control fully forward and the see if you can move the choke linkage farther forward. If you can move the linkage farther, this would mean that the choke is not fully closing. While holding it closed have someone try to start the engine. If it starts you will know that the throttle cable needs to be adjusted. Post back if you have more questions. Pages 47-49 of the manual will help you identify the parts I am talking about. http://resources.kohler.com/power/k...54.1187689332.1601938380-986432130.1601335970