Kohler 14 CVS problem

chazdo2

Threads
This engine was put in an old John Deere lawn tractor. I cant find the pulse line for the fuel pump. I have been using the vent off the valve cover that should be connected to the air cleaner. Its the only place I can find on this motor. Anybody know where the actual pulse line is? Not sure if its a good idea to use this port for oil blow by or even a solid consistant pulse for the pump

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
This engine was put in an old John Deere lawn tractor. I cant find the pulse line for the fuel pump. I have been using the vent off the valve cover that should be connected to the air cleaner. Its the only place I can find on this motor. Anybody know where the actual pulse line is? Not sure if its a good idea to use this port for oil blow by or even a solid consistant pulse for the pump

Mine comes off behind one of the valve covers...on a Kawasaki engine.

It is right behind where fuel pump is bolted, has a line about 3" long. Has a sharp bend and requires a bent line.

charlie77

Threads
Mine comes off behind one of the valve covers...on a Kawasaki engine.

It is right behind where fuel pump is bolted, has a line about 3" long. Has a sharp bend and requires a bent line.

That's the problem it came with no fuel pump. I cant believe I cant find it. Possibly tees off from the valve cover?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The cv14 used a mechanical fuel pump driven by the camshaft. You may be able to tap the dipstick tube and put a fitting in it to give you impulse for the fuel pump.

chazdo2

Threads
The cv14 used a mechanical fuel pump driven by the camshaft. You may be able to tap the dipstick tube and put a fitting in it to give you impulse for the fuel pump.

Thanks a ton thats the answer I was looking for!!!

chazdo2

Threads
would there be another place to put the pulse line? reason I ask the plastic looks pretty flimsy.

grumpyunk

Threads
If you look on the side opposite the side with the carburetor, you should see the casting and holes for the mechanical pump. You can drill and tap that, and install a barbed fitting for your pulse pump, or drill out the plug(it is pretty thin) and clean up the hole and then tap the two pre-drilld holes to mount a mechanical pump. The area is directly towards the cylinder head next to the oil filler tube.
You do want to route the hose such that any oil splashed into the tube would drain back and not migrate to the backside of the pulse pump diaphragm.
tom