Kawasaki fs691v fuel filter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rule of thumb with just about everything
If I make or sell a good quality item then I make sure it has a brand name so every one knows it and can come back for more or recommend it to others by name
If I make junk that is highly likely to fail it is sold without any identification what so ever to make it impossible to work out who to blame or sue ( if some one is injured ) .
Caveat to that is fakes

fixit1ddh

Threads
Do not ever remember changing a fuel filter in anything other then one of my saws. He'll even my simplicity 717 bought new in 68 still just has screen on inside of tank. My 7117 from 83 still had original filter on it. The cub zero I bought in 15 new has over 500 hours and filter seams fine. I guess running diesel farm tractors, and truck driver all my life. I guess I'm to careful about the gas I put into my small engines.

SamB

Threads
Yep, this is what i came up with when searching that
I have actually had one of these filters come apart at the seam! I think the two pieces are supposed to be sonic-welded,but one I had wasn't welded together. It was down stream of my fuel shut-off so no big deal.but I check every one now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have actually had one of these filters come apart at the seam! I think the two pieces are supposed to be sonic-welded,but one I had wasn't welded together. It was down stream of my fuel shut-off so no big deal.but I check every one now.
The burning question is where did you get it from
These should go through QC and the good ones go to mower shops
The ba ones go to the recyclers or repairers but some how always end up on Amazon & Ebay at a very cheap price .
I go through around 150 fuel filters a year & am yet to have a failure .
They come in 20, 25, 50 or 100 piece trade packs from my wholesalers and in many cases my wholesale price is dearer than a single buy off Amazon or Ebay that include free shipping so one can only wonder where the vendor ( who is totally annonomus ) is getting their parts from ? the tip ?

txmowman

Threads
The ITW filter should have a black marker mark in the side. If it doesn't I would not use it. Those filters were under recall back in 2009. Either Kawasaki number 49019-0027 or 49019-0031 will work just fine for carburetor engines. The 49019-0031 is a MUST for EFI engines. Kawasaki is now putting the EFI filter on all production. Filters do matter, air, oil and fuel. If your engine is still in the warranty period, why chance aftermarket? Check your oil at each use, or daily if commercial, and keep it full! DO NOT blow out paper air filters with ANY compressed air!

SamB

Threads
The burning question is where did you get it from
These should go through QC and the good ones go to mower shops
The ba ones go to the recyclers or repairers but some how always end up on Amazon & Ebay at a very cheap price .
I go through around 150 fuel filters a year & am yet to have a failure .
They come in 20, 25, 50 or 100 piece trade packs from my wholesalers and in many cases my wholesale price is dearer than a single buy off Amazon or Ebay that include free shipping so one can only wonder where the vendor ( who is totally annonomus ) is getting their parts from ? the tip ?
eBay,bertsmobile1. A lesson learned.