Kawasaki FD731V won't start.

bob47907

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the FD731V on my mower (not original engine). Cutting just fine a few days ago, then quit suddenly and won't start.

So far, I've checked the following:
Gas is good ,
Fuel shut-off is working,
Both cylinders have spark,
Fuel pump is working,
Gas in float bowl,
Good compression in both cylinders,
Air and fuel filters are clean.

I tried cranking ~30 seconds and found both spark plugs wet. If I shoot starter fluid into the air intake, the engine will fire up for a couple of seconds. I disassembled and cleaned the carb; still won't start.

I've check for leaks between the carb & block-nothing.

What have I missed?

Thanks!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I tried cranking ~30 seconds and found both spark plugs wet. If I shoot starter fluid into the air intake, the engine will fire up for a couple of seconds. I disassembled and cleaned the carb; still won't start.
Is there water in the fuel?

bob47907

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I haven't checked.
I think the gas is good because it is fresh and the same I put in my truck and the push mower.
At this point, I might drain the tank and add new.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hardluck

Threads
any update on the fix for this/ thank you

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
95% of the time it's fuel related.
1.Drain, flush, blow, reverse blow, and inspect any right angle fuel hose barbs for blockage. Make sure fuel tank is spotless like a new one.
2.Install all new fuel lines to the carb.
3.New fuel filter if you have room.
4.Inline fuel shutoff valve install and USE IT.
5.Drop carb bowl. Make sure you have gas running out making a mess. Wondering if your carb needle is plugged with trash or stuck closed??
6.Is your choke working proper?
7.Pull the kill wires off the coils. Should run the tank dry if the ignition is good.

Wet plugs sound like you are getting plenty of fuel on the plugs. Pull the oil stick and smell for fuel. Report back if you smell gas.