Threads
Whow, so the truth comes out, thanks r

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When the OZ $ went to $ 1.40 US quite a few opportunistic a-holes raced to Cal & bought container loads of end of season run out mowers, sipped them to OZ and litterally sold them off the back of the trucks .
There were a lot of Timecutters , many fitted with the fabricated deck and some with baggers.
There sold for around 1/2 the store price of Toro mowers and several single line dealers went bust
So I have around 8 of them in my run
Two of them started to burn oil like mad so they brought them to me to get an appraisal in order to claim warranty against Toro Aust .
Toro told the to go jump , quite rightfully and send their claims to Toro USA ( and 1 idiot did ) .
SO next thing was "can you fix them" so I replaced the first with an FS 651 which was on special and I kept the old engine.
Covid happened next and then trump had his phoney trade war with China so there no Kawakasi part to be had for love nor money.
So I turned to Total Seal and got a set or rings for around 1/3 the wholesale price I would pay here with the warning that these rings were a lot harder than the originals so rehone the bore & run them in carefully .
That engine is doing fine but I made the owner shift to full synthetic .
Now I am not a metrologist so the best gear I have only goes down to 1/10 th of a thou and in both engines there was less than 0.0002" wear in the bore but around 0.020" radial wear on the rings .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting...................

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hard bore soft rings make for an engine that runs in very quickly .
Most Mitsubishi engines are the same I use a lot of L300 vans and I have needed to re ring a few but never a rebore except for the one that a rod let go
My fault of course .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Works for me..