Just bought new MZ 42 inch, servicing easy if needed on new EZT transaxle.

Ron3

Threads
  • / Just bought new MZ 42 inch, servicing easy if needed on new EZT transaxle.
I only have about 1/2 acre total, lots of shrubs,flowers, this little mower is amazing around the many obstacles I have. Will only use it about 20 times a year should last me as long as I will need a mower since I am 74 years old with a heart condition.The new bad boy mowers have large holes formed over the fill ports on the EZT trans axles. Makeing it easy to add or change hydro fluid with a small drill pump and a funnel. If needed.

Mower King

Threads
I only have about 1/2 acre total, lots of shrubs,flowers, this little mower is amazing around the many obstacles I have. Will only use it about 20 times a year should last me as long as I will need a mower since I am 74 years old with a heart condition.The new bad boy mowers have large holes formed over the fill ports on the EZT trans axles. Makeing it easy to add or change hydro fluid with a small drill pump and a funnel. If needed.
Those are not fill ports as to service "per say". The EZT is designed to be "non-serviceable"
Those large holes in the floor pan, are just standard on all the 2021 Bad Boys, so the larger mowers that have serviceable wheel motors, can be serviced. Now I said "designed to be non-serviceable" but, as with most things, with enough time & skill, it can be done!

Ron3

Threads
Sorry mower king, guess I cannot add to or change hydro oil through the ports even though I can remove the fill caps with an Allen wrench from top of mower . If it looks and quacks like a duck it must be a duck. From what I read on line from the MFG is if fluid becomes low or contaminated it can be filled or changed.below picture is left side, identical set up on right side as well.

Attachments

• A24CB345-DF2F-4CBC-98E9-044B59E4A3E9.jpeg
    A24CB345-DF2F-4CBC-98E9-044B59E4A3E9.jpeg
    974.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Mower King

Threads
Let me know how changing the Hydro fluid with a small drill pump through that allen fitting goes.

Ron3

Threads
Ok but that will be down the road before I need to add to or change the fluid.

fixit1ddh

Threads
My 2015 cub RZT L54 has them holes also above the fill holes in frame. I have been going to change oil by drilling & tap the bottom of the cover as the brakes on My EZT'S are on the outside . But have not gotten to it. Has a bit over 400 hour's so I'm sure it's in need of some new lube. Ron that's a nice upgrade for them to put them holes in the frame. Lot's of people think they need a over complicated hydro on a home owner mower. EZT,S are a very simple and cheap to rebuild if ever needed. I bought My Wife a new zero turn in 2017 also so we can mow together. Because of the simple EZT cheaper price of mower made that happen. Ron hope You have a good time with Your new machine.

Ron3

Threads
My son has a cub RZT L54. He really likes the steering wheel and it has a great cut also it has been really reliable for him. I have only used the badboy MZ 42 three times and am very satisfied and have had no problems and think they build a really good mower. And yes I think the access cutouts will make it a lot easier to service the EZT units. I really do enjoy mowing with it the little 42 inch deck I have very little trimming to do since it gets in so close. lol.
You hear a lot of people on the internet saying bad things about Bad Boy mowers but talked to several local guys that owned them and they has very positive things to say about the brand. I always negative attitudes with a grain of salt. You have a good evening.

fixit1ddh

Threads
Yep Ron when they get our age, anything that works for old people is a thumbs up. I bet Your Son has the RZT S54. same basic mower but both mine have lap bars. Yea if there was a local dealer I liked the looks of bad boy seams built very well. But I had a Case IH dealer couple miles away. Reason I bought the two cub zero turns. Had 2 Simplicity garden tractors before these for 25 years but was getting two hard for Wife and Me to steer them mowing 5 to 7 acres. After the zt would never go back to a tractor. We do not really mow any faster. But alot easier to turn around now. Ron have a great weekend & enjoy that new ride.

Ron3

Threads
I had a simplicity regent years ago excellent little mower .had the hydro speed lever between your legs. Took one hand on the steering wheel and the other one on the hydro speed control between your legs. This was a really weird set up.

fixit1ddh

Threads
Yea My Brother still has one, 5216 has the apposed twin Briggs. We have a name for the mower. But cannot say it on here. He has had it for 30 some years. 42 inch deck. He mostly uses his 61 inch grasshopper to mow with anymore. But gets it out every once in a while so we can get a chuckle on how it shifts.