Just bought a Lawn Boy 7265

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
He confirmed the deck on the 5271 is cracked so I decided to pass but he also has a 10040 for the same price of $25 so I am gonna pick it up Monday after I get off work

Is 10040 a valid model # ? :confused:

robinb66

Threads
Yeah, something like a cracked deck kills the value of the mower as a collectible.

While I love the D-series mowers I have managed to collect, the newer F-series engine is better (IMO), although less rare in good condition. The main bearings on the F- are needle bearings as opposed to bushings (D-series.) The F- also has a larger displacement.

If you keep your eyes open, I imagine you'll find some great deals.

actually the d433 and earlier d series engines had bearings and not bushings on the top end shaft!!

mmanter

Threads
Is 10040 a valid model # ? :confused:

Y'know I have no idea. That's the model number he had listed but I can't find any information on it whatsoever. I know it's newer than the 7265 I have since it has a newer design to it but not sure what the actual model is.

mmanter

Threads
Well crap.. I put the extra zero in the wrong place. It's a 10400

mmanter

Threads
Here's a pic of the 10400. More than likely this will be a mower that I repair & sell. $_57.jpg

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

actually the d433 and earlier d series engines had bearings and not bushings on the top end shaft!!

I didn't know that. I wonder why they went to the bushings, which cause so much trouble. :confused2:

And why at the top only?

mmanter

Threads
That's a fine mower -- F-series engine, alloy deck. :thumbsup:
Didn't buy it. Too many mowers to fix and not enough cash to buy another one. Oh well, there will be others.

mmanter

Threads
Just started to work on the mower and when I removed the cover I noticed something missing. Ignition coil. It'll be impossible to get it to run without a coil, even if the starter recoil issue is fixed, so now I'm gonna start hunting for one of them. Not sure why that was missing or what the previous owners were doing but it makes me wonder if it ran at all before the coil was pulled.

robinb66

Threads
Thanks for the link. It'll come in handy when I start tearing into it tonight. Does it happen to say what spark plug it takes? There wasn't one.

I usualy just use a CJ8 champion on my mowers!!