Juat another quality homeowner job

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got a guy who tells me to make sure i put them back on 90 degrees apart. It is not a timed deck. I can't convince him it doesn't matter.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Or this one. That new saw chain you sold me won't cut hot butter.

Or like the old man here that said the HF engine would fit tiller. I said the 3/4" pulley won't fit the 1" shaft. He just kept insisting that pulley will fit. I finally just gave up and returned the tiller with the old engine still on it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Or this one. That new saw chain you sold me won't cut hot butter.

Or like the old man here that said the HF engine would fit tiller. I said the 3/4" pulley won't fit the 1" shaft. He just kept insisting that pulley will fit. I finally just gave up and returned the tiller with the old engine still on it.
well you should know better... just go buy a 3/4" to 1" reducer........ oh wait...... :LOL:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
well you should know better... just go buy a 3/4" to 1" reducer........ oh wait...... :LOL:
I even thought about having the pulley machined but the machinist said would not enough if any material left for the reverse pulley to mount. The owner say TSC sells the pulleys but I doubt the owner knows what they sell. I could only find one pulley in the right diameter so the tiller would have lost reverse along with 1st and 2nd. The 80 yr old really needs the first two speeds.

Oh the crankshaft could be machined down but it is just as cheap to just buy the right engine. Beside it took nearly three hours to get the two king pins out in the first place with burning the tires on the wheels. They are rusted on after 40 yrs.