JS36 Neutral Lock is floppy

bradje

Forum Newbie
Hello,
The Neutral Lock, (the lever to engage the drive for the rear wheels) on my JS36 has gone floppy. Feels like it has lost a spring, or a nut, or rivet, or something, that was giving it tension before.
I cannot identify the part(s) needed from a diagram

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone had this happen to them and were you able to figure out how to fix it? Or is this a trip to the dealer?

BTW, the mower still works fine. The drive can still be engaged and dis-engaged for the rear wheels to drive. It's just that the Neutral Lock is all floppy and I'm not sure what happened to make it that way a couple of weeks ago.
Thx
 
Sound like he spring that pulls/pushes the transmission back to release the belt tension is missing. But I can't find it anywhere on the diagrams.Maybe this one don't have one. Just a thought.
 
Sounds like the spring that pulls/pushes the transmission back to release the belt tension is missing. But I can't find it anywhere on the diagrams.Maybe this one don't have one. Just a thought.
Thx. I'm not sure about a spring. I don't ever remember a spring in there (this is the lever 6" below the top of the handle). Seems like it might be a missing nut or something but I really don't know.
 
Back
Top