Repairs john deere transmission problem

jerry1249

Threads
Had to remove the the internal parts for seal kit replacement on a k56BR2 transmission. all went well till i moved the machine. pushed the reverse pedal and went forward.pushed forward pedal and went backwards. i'm wondering what i have done wrong. anyone got any ideas?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had to remove the the internal parts for seal kit replacement on a k56BR2 transmission. all went well till i moved the machine. pushed the reverse pedal and went forward.pushed forward pedal and went backwards. i'm wondering what i have done wrong. anyone got any ideas?

Did you remove the pedals during the repair?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next to the hydraulic motor part of the drive there is a wedge shaped piece that the motor pistons run against. You installed it upside down. It reverses the flow of the output.

jerry1249

Threads
Did you remove the pedals during the repair?

didn't remove anything other than the complete transmission. i solved my prolem after posting this. the guy from Illinois(where I'm from by the way)hit the nail on the head with the wedge at the transmission motor being upside down reversing the fluid flow. a real good lesson learned for the next one i do for one of my customers. thanks guys for sharing your knowledge. Jerry

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jerry, nothing like the feeling of repairing a transmission, and have it reinstalled and ready to go, and fire it up and put it in forward and it tries to put you over the steering wheel in reverse. Been there, done that. First time I worked on a hydrostat it was one of the pre hydrogear unit that bolted to a differential unit in a roper rider. In my case I just had to remove the unit, remove 4 bolts, and turn the motor half of the unit half a turn, and put the bolts back in. Most units require more of a tear down to remove the direction wedge.