John Deere tires

arch252

Threads
I've refurbished quite a few JD's for resale. I've only dealt with LT, LX, GX and GT models. I have never touched an L series. I'm trying to locate a good set of used tires for an LX277. I've found an L110 for $50, the mower and deck are trash but the tires are very good. Can anyone tell me the difference in the tires? Size difference, spindle size, etc.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you talking about the tires or the wheels?

arch252

Threads
Both. I need to know if the shaft size is the same on the wheels and how the tires compare in size so I'll know how that might affect the cut.

arch252

Threads
Got lucky today...kind of. Found an X300 listed for $125. Said the transmission was out but he had put a brand new set of tires all around just before it went down. 17hp Kawasaki is good and the deck is good but it looks like hell. No hood and seat is destroyed. I got it for $60. Front tires were a perfect fit on my LX but I'll have to break down the rear tires and swap the wheels. The shaft on the LX model is about 1 1/4" and the shaft on the X300 looks to be about a 5/8". Still a pretty good score. Checking the prices for a hood and seat on the X300 it looks like I'll be parting it out.