John Deere S220

kcprof1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone own the JD S22-0 lawn tractor?

If so, do you like it? I am considering buying a new one.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 97405

The Deere S220 has the same engine as the X330 tractor, but still has the frame of the S100 series that you see at Lowes and Home Depot. I work for a dealership. We sell a few of these a year, but I would recommend looking at the X330 instead. It has 4 years of warranty versus 3 years for the S220, has a tougher frame/chassis, and is built on John Deere's legendary quality. The S220 was created as an up-sale to the S100 series, but is still under-engineered to John Deere's standards in my opinion, due to the frame. Another consideration is the X350, which is the same as the X330, but has a Kawasaki engine, and is only $200 more. The Kawasaki is worth paying the extra $200 everytime. Hope this info helps. Good luck!

kcprof1960

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Deere S220 has the same engine as the X330 tractor, but still has the frame of the S100 series that you see at Lowes and Home Depot. I work for a dealership. We sell a few of these a year, but I would recommend looking at the X330 instead. It has 4 years of warranty versus 3 years for the S220, has a tougher frame/chassis, and is built on John Deere's legendary quality. The S220 was created as an up-sale to the S100 series, but is still under-engineered to John Deere's standards in my opinion, due to the frame. Another consideration is the X350, which is the same as the X330, but has a Kawasaki engine, and is only $200 more. The Kawasaki is worth paying the extra $200 everytime. Hope this info helps. Good luck!
thanks very much