John Deere mower dies on hill

D

Deleted member 97405

All that fuel solenoid does it prevent the engine from pulling in fuel on shutdown. This prevents the after-bang if you shut it down at full throttle. As long as you idle your engine down before turning it off, the solenoid will have no affect. I usually snip the pintle off if they act up. The solenoid doesnt prevent fuel from getting into the bowl of the carb. That is all done mechanically via the inlet needle and float. The solenoid only prevents fuel from going up the main jet on shutdown at full throttle.

Levi_88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carburetor came in today, put it on, took out the manual fuel shut off and my baby fired on up! Was able to mow the front yard with no trouble! Might have to mess around with some things, before I turned it on, I moved the throttle up and down and the governor spring and pin wasn’t moving. There was tons of gunk caught between the bottom of it, cleaned it really well and sprayed carb cleaner. It ran fine for the 30 min or so it took to mow the front before work, will mow the back Sunday and see how she does. Thanks again for all the fast responses!