John Deere LX277 won"t drive forward or back.

HotIron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Answering Rivets...... I will try to check the belt tightness and slippage. Also, the idlers and springs. I have quite a list of things to do now. Also the previous owner said he had the belt replaced recently. It looks good.

HotIron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Latest on the no-go LX277. I removed the transmission, Tuff Torg K62A, opened it up for inspection, and found everything in good shape. There were no metal filings or dirt in there. I put it back together and reinstalled it with new oil (Sportline 5W-50 full synthetic) and it works fine until I try to install the free-wheeling rod (disengagement or bypass). With that rod installed it will not go at all. When the trouble happened I thought I noticed something in the brake linkage which does pull on the free-wheeling lever to enable the transmission when the brake pedal is pressed. I had been pushing snow and when I changed the blade angle, I would set the parking brake, get off and change the angle, get back on and push some more. All of a sudden, it would not go. I now have left off the free-wheeling rod and it drives fine. Could this rod have become bent somehow? I can't find a John Deere parts diagram that shows it for reference. I have photos of mine though. Has anyone heard of this free-wheeling rod bending?