John Deere LX 172

Don D

Forum Newbie
Threads
J D Lx172. Its been sitting awhile. I put a new battery and have no power at all. Cables look to be good. Ignition?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fuse ?
corrosion at the ends of the battery cables ?
Corrosion in the middle of the battery cables ?
Battery hooked up backwards ?
Bad switch ?
Bad fuse holder ?

As it is a JD and JD put out Technical manuals that are written so a 5 year old can follow them, find the fault & repair it my strongest suggestion is to take a deep breath and do what most Americans find near impossible to do and buy the manual .
It costs less than 1 hour of the JD technicians charge out labour rate so is possibly the biggest bargin on the planet

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As it is a JD and JD put out Technical manuals that are written so a 5 year old can follow them...
And that is about the education level of some JD techs that I have dealt with lately.

D

Deleted member 97405

Assuming your battery cable is good.......This series had a small circuit board on the back of the keyswitch. If you have power going in, but none coming out, buy a keyswitch. This model also has the manual transmission, which has a neutral safety switch notorious for sticking, especially due to age and sitting.

Don D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Assuming your battery cable is good.......This series had a small circuit board on the back of the keyswitch. If you have power going in, but none coming out, buy a keyswitch. This model also has the manual transmission, which has a neutral safety switch notorious for sticking, especially due to age and sitting.

Don D

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have not had a chance to look at it. I was thinking about the circuit board. I doubt it's the safety switch because I have no power at all.

D

Deleted member 97405

I have not had a chance to look at it. I was thinking about the circuit board. I doubt it's the safety switch because I have no power at all.
Some safety systems operate on the ground circuit, and others operate on the power circuit. But if you have power going into the keyswitch, and not coming out, then replace the keyswitch. If you have no power going into the keyswitch, there is a problem between the battery, cable, and wiring harness before the keyswitch.