John Deere JX90 front left wheel dropping out when raised? (the side height is adjusted). Please help soon

OnTheGrass

Threads
  • / John Deere JX90 front left wheel dropping out when raised? (the side height is adjusted). Please help soon
Can somebody please help, was working fine for the year we have owned it, but of late for no apparent reason it is dropping out of the axle grove when lifted, then will get caught behind nut underneath (see second photo), leaving the front and left wheels uneven heights/lop sided (see 3rd pic).

I have no clue as to what could be causing it all of a sudded?

ojGD8ex.jpg

zNxs5bJ.jpg

G3hbyFP.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / John Deere JX90 front left wheel dropping out when raised? (the side height is adjusted). Please help soon
The retaining clip and bush has fallen off .
According to the JD web page it is part SAU10536 and there are 4 of them, one at each wheel held in by the bolt in photo 2
We don't get JD pushies down here but the usual reason for the front axle clip s / clamps falling out is running with out of balance blades and regularly lifting the front wheels to drop the mower onto very long grass / weeds that won't go under the front of the mower

OnTheGrass

Threads
That is very handy, thank you. I will look up that part. I didnt note one on the other wheel, so will check that out.

Always just trimming short grass, but it is lifted often as it is too big to turn as such, need a smaller mower for our small section.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From what I can see they are the same on every wheel
Note that could be the Australian part number
Also there were about 100 JX90's on the on line catalogue so you will need your serial number as well to make sure it is the right part.
Also the bits that fell off are likely to be on the grass some where

OnTheGrass

Threads
From what I can see they are the same on every wheel
Note that could be the Australian part number
Also there were about 100 JX90's on the on line catalogue so you will need your serial number as well to make sure it is the right part.
Also the bits that fell off are likely to be on the grass some where
You dont happen to know the exact name of the part? Or it is literally retaining clip?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Clamp
Part Number SAU10536

OnTheGrass

Threads
Clamp
Part Number SAU10536
Hey guys, are you able to link me to an exploded diagram on the JD parts website for this? I definitely think this is the part number I need. It is a JX90CB. Much appreciate the help.