John Deere Homelite Weed Eater Won't Stay Running

redice

Threads
I have a john deere weed eater and it has a fuel problem. It does start up but it bogs down whenever i press the throttle. I looked at it and it seems that its not getting fuel in the primer bulb. if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it

possum

Threads
Check out the fuel system to start with. Pump the primer and see if fuel is moving from the tank through the system and back into the tank. Check the primer bulb for cracks. Check to se if the fuel filter has fallen off the fuel line into the tank. Check to see if the fuel lines are leaking. That trimmer is getting old, and so is its fuel system.

redice

Threads
The lines dont have cracks or leaks. i dont think the primer bulb has a crack but i'll get a new one just incase. i have to press the bulb many times to get gas into it. so gas does go into it and it does come back out. could it be that the lines are too long? they are fairly long

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
More than likely your carb needs a good cleanig.

redice

Threads
I actually cleaned it very good. It still has the same problem. I think maybe i put the diaphrams and gaskets in the wrong order. i just put new lines on it and a new gas filter. it looks like it may have fixed the problem, but i need to get more gas mix to see

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the name and numbers on the carb, so I can see what I am talking about.

redice

Threads
Its a C1U zama carburetor. the numbers are H46 23A.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you post the name and numbers on the carb, so I can see what I am talking about.

C1U-H46ZAMACARB2_zps64a075b1.jpg

C1U-H46ZAMACARB_zps8129c000.jpg

C1U-H46ZAMACARB4_zps94ba84cc.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ha, Ha, Ha, EngineMan you know what I meant, or then again maybe you didn't.