john deere dead

jimbo h

Forum Newbie
Threads
Morning all, I have a J/D 28yrs old,motor replaced 3 yrs ago.Ran good for last two yrs.
This yr it will idle all day and drive fine until I engage blades,then only runs a few minutes
then dies.I have replaced all fuel lines and fuel pump.Carb has been taken off and cleaned and as well as the vacuum line to fuel pump.New fuel filter also.Still only runs a few minutes b/4 dying.
It acts like it runs out of fuel but I did pull bowl off carb last time it died and had fuel in bowl.
any ideas ????? Thanks

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF! :smile:

I moved your thread to the John Deere Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
what model deere do you have and what engine.

jimbo h

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'n not sure what model it is. It is a 12hp B/S engine. Last night I got on mower and mowed
about 1/3 acre and had no problems with it.This thing has me stumped..

jimbo h

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have drained and replaced fuel,all lines,cleaned carb and replaced filter and pump.

Bison

Threads
Maybe bad condenser or coil

Monsoon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maybe bad condenser or coil

Yes I was thinking the same thing. It appears you have checked everything but the ignition system. If the engine runs fine with no load on it and then fails with a load I would think the ignition system has issues.

Monsoon

jsservant

Threads
could the gas cap vent be clogged? have seen that happen a few times, and after running a while it creates a vacum in the tank and the mower acts like it runs out of gas and dies the when it sits for a while the vac is lost and it will run again for a while but do the same thing
just a thought