John Deere D105

Telesis

Threads
Just wanted to mention that this thread is from 2018! Also, JD Technical Manuals are not online and available for free download. They aren't cheap, but they are very well written and worth the investment IMHO, if you own a JD tractor and are going to keep it. FWIW!

Cool-Ace

Threads
You should be able to find the manual online in pdf form for download. See image above for what I did to increase tension.
I pull off cable from the deck end and push inner cable back until the ball on end came out then I dropped a small rock down inside the spring then hooked it back up. Has been working fine so far. Going to find some small steel bearings when the rock wares out.
:cool:-Ace

Cool-Ace

Threads
Just wanted to mention that this thread is from 2018! Also, JD Technical Manuals are not online and available for free download. They aren't cheap, but they are very well written and worth the investment IMHO, if you own a JD tractor and are going to keep it. FWIW!
I download them free @ https://www.manualslib.com/ I do believe you got to set up a free account.
:cool:-Ace

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The whole cable assembly has to be replaced as that cable stretches out why they started welding them is one small problem ! I too just started having same issue but have seen it many many times on other JDs and Craftsman , Poulans and other AYP made mower decks ! My problem is I don't have the parts manual for the D105 and don't have a clue what that cable is called or the pn needed to find one. Ebay is most the time best place to find at a good price! I think what I will do for the time is cut a spacer to lay over and crimp to take out this extra slack ! Best of luck Cool-Ace
Why do people refuse to go to the manufacturers web pages ?
JD have all of their IPL's on line for free access
Down side is you can only print / save one page at a time .
Good side is they do update it regularly.

Telesis

Threads
With all do respect, JD technical manuals are not available on manualslib.com. Perhaps I'm just not smart enough to find them! (a distinct possibility in my old age..LOL) For example the manual for the D105 is JD part number TM113219. Search for any of the following: "John Deere", "JD", "D105", "TM", "TM113219" . No joy! The only manuals they have that include JD in any form are for 3rd party accessories like a "Cozy Cab" for your 4410 farm tractor. The current retail price for the manual in question is $141. You can find pirated or used copies on ebay for less but caveat emptor! (For example, the 2012 dated version of this manual does not include the D105 as it was introduced into the D series lineup after that. The 2017 dated version of the same manual does include it. Important to pay attention to what you are buying!)

As Bert indicated, IPL's and also Operator Manuals are available right from JD's own site. Technical Manuals(TMxxxx) which are JD's service manuals are not available for free download. Likewise, their Engine Manuals are not.

FWIW! Enjoy...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT costs a small fortune to make a good technical manual , excellent ones are even more expensive.
Archiving them so they are available 30 years latter is even more expensive.
Some one has to pay for it.
Thus cheap skate manufacturers like MTD & AYP do not even make one & just send dealers the odd service email when they are made aware of a problem .
Toro add the cost to the ticket price of their mowers so every one pays regardless of weather they need it or not
JD put the price on the manual so only those who need it pay for it.
Nothing on the planet is free .
All that changes is how you end up paying for it .