John Deere charging (NOT)

wolfey01

Threads
Hi guys! I have a John Deere 180 with the Kawasaki engine. The charging system is giving me fits! I put the body pan on, and managed to pinch some wires due to incorrect routing of same. This caused a "no crank" condition that was corrected by removing the body pan and re splicing some pinched and bare wires. The engine ran but the low battery light stays on. I replaced the regulator in the dash, the stator and flywheel and all the wiring up to the stator. I have 30+ volts AC at the stator plug, but the 12 volt line will barely light a test light. My meter isn't accurate enough to get a true 12 volt reading. ( either has to be set at 10 volts or 50 volts). I'm wondering if the ignitor has anything to do with the charging system? I do have a better meter ordered that will be here Tuesday. (7/20) Any ideas?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No the ignitor nothing to do with charging.

Since screwed the wiring. With ignition in run position but not have the engine running is there 12 v on the regulator DC out put lead? Kawasaki regulators require a voltage to be present in order to work or there will be little or a negative voltage present when the engine is running.