Export thread

John Deere charging (NOT)

W

wolfey01

Hi guys! I have a John Deere 180 with the Kawasaki engine. The charging system is giving me fits! I put the body pan on, and managed to pinch some wires due to incorrect routing of same. This caused a "no crank" condition that was corrected by removing the body pan and re splicing some pinched and bare wires. The engine ran but the low battery light stays on. I replaced the regulator in the dash, the stator and flywheel and all the wiring up to the stator. I have 30+ volts AC at the stator plug, but the 12 volt line will barely light a test light. My meter isn't accurate enough to get a true 12 volt reading. ( either has to be set at 10 volts or 50 volts). I'm wondering if the ignitor has anything to do with the charging system? I do have a better meter ordered that will be here Tuesday. (7/20) Any ideas?

StarTech

StarTech

No the ignitor nothing to do with charging.

Since screwed the wiring. With ignition in run position but not have the engine running is there 12 v on the regulator DC out put lead? Kawasaki regulators require a voltage to be present in order to work or there will be little or a negative voltage present when the engine is running.