John Deere C-Clip replacement (M120267)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Are sure it not just the needle bearing shot? But of course if the bearing is gone then shaft is probably shot too.

Thanks for the dimensions as I filed under the Honda PN here. I probably need to research later the metric rings to see if there is any close.

jshep1102

Threads
StarTech, I wondered if it was a bad needle bearing but I see no evidence that a needle bearing was ever in there. I saw there was supposed to be one in the figure on the JD website but I can't see there was ever one there. Nothing inside the housing to indicate it fell apart and dropped into the internals. Weird! The shaft isn't particularly worn but the transaxle housing is severely egg shaped so it's really just destined for a trip to the scrap metal yard at $0.20/lb. I'll be able to get cheese on my next whopper now! :)

Merry Christmas folks! Keep wrenching!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think those were SCE1010 INA bearings. IF so the outer diameter was 13/16". And I too thought there was no bearing on some that the bearing failed. Now that is the SCE bearing I have used the most of over the years.

But there is a few others I have used too but have also done a few tiller transmissions so it can be any of the following.

1671691438359.png
The SCE1011P is 5/8" ID, 13/16" OD, 11/16" Width, 13000rpm

I believe the SCE98 is the one used in the MTD CVT transaxles. So I kinda leaning toward the SCE1010 or SCE1011P bearings (more toward the SCE1010) but that is just a guess at this point.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And the upper needle bearing would not have fallen into the transmission; unless, the lower bearing is also destroyed. Both bearings are identical. Now obtaining the anti-rotation washer might be a problem as I problems on the last one myself but I did find a Tecumseh one that was still available.

As the upper hole being egg shaped take a magnet and if the bearing outer shell is still there. What you are seeing may just be the bearing that is egged.