Engine John Deere 170 with FC420V-DS00 engine

Frank9024

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced the igniter and engine cranked but the motor ran louder and there was a lot more pressure from the exhaust.
The exhaust started turning red which it never did this before. I took head pressure test which averaged 115lbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Finally after pulling flywheel for the 2nd time the key was sheared. I had went to small engine shop the 1st time to buy a new key even though it wasn't sheared and the guy told me it was ok.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I replaced the igniter and engine cranked but the motor ran louder and there was a lot more pressure from the exhaust.
The exhaust started turning red which it never did this before. I took head pressure test which averaged 115lbs. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Finally after pulling flywheel for the 2nd time the key was sheared. I had went to small engine shop the 1st time to buy a new key even though it wasn't sheared and the guy told me it was ok.

The igniter or module is on the outside of the engine so why did you pull the flywheel? So if the key was sheared the second time I would think you didn't have the flywheel torqued proper from the first time. If the key was sheared, that would be the reason for the hot exhaust.