John Deere 17.5-HP Model #BG21271

D

Deleted member 97405

Just be aware these JD have a plastic hoods that is very costly to replace and they become very brittle if left outside over time as the UV damages the plastic.

I would recommend buying another brand for such a small yard.

And BTW JD parts get very expensive the further you upgrade in their line of products. An example is the M8-1.25 x 120 bolt I need a few of here. The JD dealer is wanting $4.50 ea for them when I can get them for $1.19 from an outside source which is $1.93 ea when I order 12 ea when shipping is added or $1.64 ea if I order 20 ea which I just ordered.
ALL John Deere's have plastic hoods. Don't store your mower outside, and don't run into stuff, and you're fine. My 1964 JD still has its original fiberglass hood on it, and it's mowed grass its whole life. As a technician of over 20 years, I'd much rather stake my money on a cheap Deere versus MTD's crap that you have to take to a hole in the wall shop to get fixed. I've worked on their crap. We used to be an MTD warranty center, and I can tell you they are junk and harder to work on compared to the Deere's. Ever take the decks off? I rest my case. In this lower end market, the Deere still reigns supreme. You get what you pay for. That is my professional opinion based on actually working on all these models over the years.

Alweeja

Threads
ALL John Deere's have plastic hoods. Don't store your mower outside, and don't run into stuff, and you're fine. My 1964 JD still has its original fiberglass hood on it, and it's mowed grass its whole life. As a technician of over 20 years, I'd much rather stake my money on a cheap Deere versus MTD's crap that you have to take to a hole in the wall shop to get fixed. I've worked on their crap. We used to be an MTD warranty center, and I can tell you they are junk and harder to work on compared to the Deere's. Ever take the decks off? I rest my case. In this lower end market, the Deere still reigns supreme. You get what you pay for. That is my professional opinion based on actually working on all these models over the years.
Experience and first-hand knowledge is Invaluable.