John Deere 17.5-HP Model #BG21271

ron815

Threads
Anyone give me some advice on buying this? Thanks

JoeM(GA)

Threads
don't know anything about them except it is the bottom entry level Deere rider, mostly sold by the big box stores

John Deere S100 17.5-HP Side By Side Hydrostatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower Mulching Capable​

Model#BG21271

ron815

Threads
don't know anything about them except it is the bottom entry level Deere rider, mostly sold by the big box stores

John Deere S100 17.5-HP Side By Side Hydrostatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower Mulching Capable​

Model#BG21271
Thanks. I've researched and like what I read and see on YouTube. Entry level is all I can afford, I only have 1/2 acre. Was hoping some on here had one or heard rumors about them. I saw prices around $2300.

D

Deleted member 97405

If you have a relatively flat lot, these tractors will last 10 years or so if correctly maintained. The problem most people have is that they have hills, which wear out the transmissions, they don't maintain them, or their yard is too big for the tractor. With a 1/2 acre yard, you're fine if you don't have significant hills.

ron815

Threads
If you have a relatively flat lot, these tractors will last 10 years or so if correctly maintained. The problem most people have is that they have hills, which wear out the transmissions, they don't maintain them, or their yard is too big for the tractor. With a 1/2 acre yard, you're fine if you don't have significant hills.
Thank you. I called my local John Deere yesterday, and he said their C100 was about $2500, but he recommended the next step up, and it was $2800. No way, I can afford those biden prices. Probably stick to my push mower. Thanks for all your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just be aware these JD have a plastic hoods that is very costly to replace and they become very brittle if left outside over time as the UV damages the plastic.

I would recommend buying another brand for such a small yard.

And BTW JD parts get very expensive the further you upgrade in their line of products. An example is the M8-1.25 x 120 bolt I need a few of here. The JD dealer is wanting $4.50 ea for them when I can get them for $1.19 from an outside source which is $1.93 ea when I order 12 ea when shipping is added or $1.64 ea if I order 20 ea which I just ordered.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 97405

Not sure where you're at, but Deere currently has 9 months no interest if that helps.

ron815

Threads
Just be aware these JD have a plastic hoods that is very costly to replace and they become very brittle if left outside over time as the UV damages the plastic.

I would recommend buying another brand for such a small yard.

And BTW JD parts get very expensive the further you upgrade in their line of products. An example is the M8-1.25 x 120 bolt I need a few of here. The JD dealer is wanting $4.50 ea for them when I can get them for $1.19 from an outside source which is $1.93 ea when I order 12 ea when shipping is added or $1.64 ea if I order 20 ea which I just ordered.
Thank you

ron815

Threads
Not sure where you're at, but Deere currently has 9 months no interest if that helps.
Actually, I'm retired and just pay cash. Btw, have read that Visa is going to start tracking gun purchases using their card. Thanks for your help.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you take care of it, it should last a long time. It’s powered by a single cylinder Briggs and Stratton engine. My dad had a D100 and my sister inherited it. It’s 21 years old and still running. However, it’s on it’s third mower deck.