jdeere LA120 (hydraulic rearendT Tuff Torq T4OJ) wont go forward or reverse!!

hetrickw

Threads
  • / jdeere LA120 (hydraulic rearendT Tuff Torq T4OJ) wont go forward or reverse!!
Tuff torq hydraulic rearend not servised by jd. Non serviceable they say. New one is an half what I pai
d for this POS tractor $700. I contacted tuff torq and put in new center case kit, motor, and pump! Still no go, can stop axles with hand.
Main drive pulleys new, new belt, tension on output shaft seems correct. The gear release bar is in the right position. Cotter keys are on axles. Any ideas are appreciated before I take my 12 gauge to it! Thanks.......
Bill

Nwatson99

Threads
  • / jdeere LA120 (hydraulic rearendT Tuff Torq T4OJ) wont go forward or reverse!!
Wow with that much new changed out on that machine and still not running, me personally do not shotgun it LOL. I would buy a new one bigger, better, and part that one out down to the headlights.

hetrickw

Threads
Wow with that much new changed out on that machine and still not running, me personally do not shotgun it LOL. I would buy a new one bigger, better, and part that one out down to the headlights.

LOL.....I was very careful and made sure it went back in right. Only 97 hrs on the tractor. If this is the quality subcontracted parts are for jd, this is my last jd. Ive always trusted briggs @ STRATTON though. VERY dissapointing to pay 600-700$ for an 1700 $ TRACTOR. ANY BODY SELLING A USED T4OJ, or know a good source? BTW......I have been emailing tuff torq and they have been responding....ill shoot them one final email. Thanks all

Av8r

Threads
I feel your pain...same thing happened to me last fall on my LA 140 with same dilemma, the transaxle replacement cost more than the tractor was worth with only 100 hours on it. I used that unfortunate event to convince wife on new ferris. I couldn't be happier with the switch. :smile:

hetrickw

Threads

hetrickw

Threads
No I didnt.......thanks for the reference material. If this works ill send you a case of beer!
Bill

MECHANIC MIKE;:smile:
YOU JUST SAVED ME 500$!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLED THE TRANS OF AIR AS SUGGESTED, AND SHE WORKS LIKE A CHARM SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!
REBULIT THE DANG THING AND ALMOST THREW IT AWAY........
I AM APPRECIATIVE OF YOUR ADVISE........OTHERWISE I WOULD HAVE EITHER
BOUGHT ANOTHER UNIT OR PARTED IT OUT..........

GREAT WEBBSITE.......SEND ME A PM WITH YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL RETURN
THE FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill (from North Mexico)

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bill, Glad she worked out, my pleasure assisting you. mechanic mark

BillyP

Threads
Great thread. Saved some of the ref material for the future. Thanks.