JD X320 Creeps forward

rso

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently acquired a JD X320 with 48" deck. The tractor creeps forward when returning to neutral from going forward but is fine when returning from reverse. Troubleshooting in manual states linkage out of adjustment but cannot find any instructions on how to adjust. I don't have a service manual so I'm not sure what direction to move the adjustment rod. I also have an X570 to use if I need to take it back to the dealer but I don't want to pay for a service that seems to be simple. Any suggestions.

rso

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great! Thanks so much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you intend to keep the mower ( and I would as it is worth keeping ) then do yourself a massive favour & buy the JD Technical Manual
The $ price seems to scare most people but when looked at objectively it is about 1 hour of labour charge from the JD shop.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Unless you ran into the problem I recently where I brought a JD SM back in 2019 and then did a major update to it in 2020. Now it is nearly useless and I need repurchase the newer one. Drats.

What worst is the out dated manual cause to spend $200 for a tool that doesn't work for the intended application. Just another tool to collect dust in my tool box.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you ran into the problem I recently where I brought a JD SM back in 2019 and then did a major update to it in 2020. Now it is nearly useless and I need repurchase the newer one. Drats.

What worst is the out dated manual cause to spend $200 for a tool that doesn't work for the intended application. Just another tool to collect dust in my tool box.
Except when a per 2019 JD comes in for a repair

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Except when a per 2019 JD comes in for a repair
I have to differ on that as the unit I was repairing was an older unit (2013) that needed an axle seal. The manual said use a hub puller to remove the hub and replace the seal. The hub can not be removed as it was torqued to 300 ft/lbs and is basically cold welded to the axle. I finally contacted Tuff Torq about it and they informed that axle had to be removed which requires the transaxle to be removed so the axle can be removed. Instead of 30 minutes it takes up to 3 hours. 45 minutes removing it, 30 minutes cleaning, 30 minutes plus disassembly, replacing the seal, reassembly, RTV curing time not counted, installing the unit, fill with oil, and testing. Boy was I hoping the manual was right.