JD LT155

BriF

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LT 155 that won't start. It has a Kohler CV15S engine. I have 100 PSI compression. As you crank it goes to 30, 60, 90 + PSI max . Checked the fuel pump for flow. Removed and cleaned the tank. New Fuel filter. New ignition coil. Removed the kill wire. Set to .005 gap. Has spark. Even tested with a functioning coil off another tractor . New Plug. Replaced the carb. Changed the filter and replaced the oil. Even with starter fluid she will not kick. . . Get a good backfire a couple times. Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i would check the flywheel key, if it is sheared, that will throw off your ignition timing.

BriF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would the cylinder be at top dead center when the magnet of the flywheel is in front of the ignition coil?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
check the timing key again.
No need to pull he flywheel, just undo the nut / bolt and check that the 2 halves of the keyway made a perfect square.
A single backfilre can cuse the key to shear.

BriF

Forum Newbie
Threads
i would check the flywheel key, if it is sheared, that will throw off your ignition timing.
You hit the nail right on the head ! I pulled the flywheel to clean out a mice nest. When I put the flywheel back on I must have pushed the key out .
Put it back in place and re-assembled. She started right up and runs like a champ. This was a curbside find. I enjoy reviving these things.
Thank you for your help! Much appreciated !